A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Saturday 24 November 2012

Birthday Princess

Hiya everyone! Hope you are all keeping nice 'n' cosy and dry!  What awful, dire weather we're having -rain, rain and more rain!! Oh well, just another excuse to stay indoors and craft :) 

It's just a quick post from me today as I really need to start making Christmas cards .... no time like the present I guess!

Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's 24th birthday and bless her heart, I asked her what she'd like for her birthday and her reply was "Just to come over to yours Mum for a yummy lamb roast"!  Awww! I know that, apparently, no-one can cook like your own Mum but I was secretly chuffed that, after all these years, she actually still CHOOSES to taste my home cooking!!! ;) 

Well, onto my card .... I have made this cute little number for her little bro to give to her.  This little beauty is called Princess Rose Red from Saturated Canary.  How adorable is she?

I coloured Rose Red up using a mixture of Copics, Promarkers and Spectrum Noirs.  I thought I'd give green a go this time.  I usually stay away from green - who knows why, as I have no reason for this - and I think it turned out not too bad :)

I treated myself yesterday and bought a distressing tool (as I've been using my scissors up to press and have scars on my fingers to show for it) and now I want to distress everything!! It's so much fun and a lot less pain....


I bought the gorgeous jute, metal corner embellishment and the gorgeous stamens from Live and Love Crafts and wow, what an amazing little treasure trove it is there!   I coloured up some white ribbon with my Ivory promarker and added a large pearl brad on the bow.  The purple carnations and leaves are from WOC and the roses from The Hobby House

Okay, I apologise .... this post wasn't as quick as I expected it to be .... but I did try to keep it short and sweet :)

I would like to enter into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew - Challenge 24 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 244 - Girls Only
Saturated Canary - Challenge 31 - Lou's Sketch
Unique Crafters Challenge - November Challenge - Sugar and Spice

Thanks so much for popping by and big hugs to you all,
xxx



7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, very pretty colours - love the hair!
    Hugs Gina X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Tracey! Your coloring is awesome and I really like the sweet flowers and color combination! Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge!
    Hugs and sunshine,
    Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So gorgeous. Lovely colors and flowers.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is awesome, I love the corner part too with the doily and how sweet of your daughter to want a lamb roast for tea for her birthday too.
    thank you so much for sharing your card with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun, this is so lovey, the image and your colouring are just fab- as are your embellies!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx