A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Sunday 16 September 2012

Fairy Godmother

Hey all! Long time no see! I’ve been super duper busy this last week and a bit.  The glorious sunny days we were blessed with last weekend were taken up with packing up my youngest daughter’s old home then helping unpack in her new home!  Not a speck of sun touched my skin but, hey ho, there’s always next summer!!! ….. and we have a happy bunny who is now much closer to home! 
My sweet boy decided on Wednesday he’d have his share of the ghastly school bug so, no work for me but lots of lovely huggles taking care of my baby!  I’m happy to say he was back to his usual self on Friday and running around like a loon again!!
As this blogging is still all very new to me it seems to take me days hours to write a post ….. but I have FINALLY managed to get around to posting one of my latest creations!
And here she is – as a set of course (as I am completely candle mad at the moment).
014
I was asked to make a card for a Godmother from her little Goddaughter and, what better image to use than Saturated Canary's Whispy!
005
I coloured her up with my promarkers, glittered her fairy wings and skirt and completed her look with beautiful lace from my local craft shop and gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.
003004
The heart and butterfly were diecut and glittered (the butterfly is a Marianne Creatable die) and little gems were then adhered to add the finishing touch!
013012011
For the candle I coloured little Whispy with the exact colour combo as my card (although the tone looks slightly deeper on the candle).  I then placed the little verse onto the back of the candle and fixed two glittered butterflies either side of Whispy with jewelled pins.
I followed Pops Cards' tutorial for the candle, as in my previous blog, and am so very grateful to her for sharing this super fab idea!  So far this weekend, I have made up three beautiful candle and card sets ……….. I’m completely hooked!
Thank you so much for popping by and taking a peek!
Lots of hugs to you all, Tracey xx

2 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful - what a great set your candle is fab as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the card and the candle combo! am awaiting my delivery of my first saturated canary stamps from my local craft shop....they have been on back order for ages so am so excited...hope i do as well as y work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx